After having posted something to this blog almost every day for about three and a half years, I seem to have lost momentum. It may have had something to do with the flu followed by a couple of more-or-less “preventive maintenance” surgeries (from which I am still recovering), or it may be that I have run out of anything else to share. Time will tell.

In the meantime, I have finally managed to get the second edition of my book, Teaching Children with Autism: An ABA Primer published, and what a chore that has been. When I published the first edition through Lulu Publishers, I sent in the manuscript and the book got published. Unfortunately, it never got into most of the bookstores near to where I live. This time, I decided to publish through Xlibris, and so far I have had to deal with at least fifteen different people! A lot of my frustration stems from the fact that I had sent them a copy of the first edition, so that they could see how I wanted it to be set up, and it appears that no one bothered to look at it. It got filed away and couldn’t even be found when I wasn’t happy with what they produced. Now, I am not unhappy with the final production, but it has taken an inordinate amount of time.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s